Today we are joined – and I want you guys keep an open mind here – by Jeff Berwick of the Dollar Vigilante. He is the author of one of the largest anarchocapitalist and libertarian blogs on the Web. And he’s the organizer of the world’s largest a anarchocapitalist conference. Now like me, you may feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when I say the terms anarchocapitalist or libertarian. And I certainly did. And I was really really uncomfortable when my partner at Bitcoin Academy suggested that I interview Jeff.
But, you know what? I was completely surprised. Because what I learned in this interview was not only just how close the financial system is to major issues (and going through the numbers, I realized that we are all in big financial risk potentially), but also I realized that an ideology that I had always been told was evil and selfish was not nearly as evil or as selfish as it’s portrayed to be.
I had the opportunity to open my mind and gain some insights into something that I always had such a negative view on. But beyond that, Jeff and I talked about some really interesting things that I think relate to Becoming Superhuman: protecting yourself against… well… when shit hits the fan. There’s no nice way to say that. Protecting yourself against the idea that, “hey, there’s a 20 trillion dollar debt. What’s going to happen with that?” and “hey, you know, governments are starting to act a certain way,” and you know, if you were in Spain last month, you’re starting to feel that things are getting a little tense.
I wanted to bring this episode to you guys really to bring to you this idea that hey, you should probably be prepared. You should probably keep your eyes open, and you may want to take some measures just to ensure that if things go south, you are prepared. And I have to say, I got a lot more than that. So I think you guys are really going to enjoy the interview if you do. I want to let you know that there’s actually a longer an uncut version of this interview in my new online course Bitcoin Academy – my new project – which is this week’s sponsor.
Let me know what you guys think, and thanks, as always, for keeping an open mind!
IN THIS EPISODE, WE DISCUSS:
- Who is Jeff Berwick, and what does he do?
- What is “anarchocapitalism” and what do anarchocapitalists believe?
- Why did Jeff Berwick leave Canada?
- How did Jeff Berwick make – and then lose – $240 million?
- The story of how Jeff traveled the world in a sailboat – and nearly died multiple times
- The story of how Jeff lost all of his worldly possessions – and what he did next
- Why does Jeff feel that we are headed for a major economic collapse in the next few years?
- What is the total debt and liability of the US government and Japan, and why does Jeff feel this is unfair?
- A discussion of interest rates, and how they’re a sign of an impending crisis
- Whether or not you agree with Jeff’s politics – are the economics true?
- What percentage of his money does Jeff Berwick keep in fiat currencies, and why?
- What are the various benefits of Bitcoin in the event of this type of turmoil?
- Why does Jeff feel that the US dollar more of a ponzy scheme than Bitcoin?
- Why does Jeff feel that the 1929 crash was done on purpose…?
- Thoughts on gold, and why it’s a good investment
- What are the problems and challenges with Bitcoin as an investment?
- What are Jeff Berwick’s recommendations for investing to protect yourself against doomsday?
- Why exactly is Bitcoin so important for humanity?
- How crazy are the economic opinions and investment suggestions that Jeff is making, really?
- What other things are going to be good investments if the economy collapses?
- What happens after a major economic collapse? Will it become The Walking Dead?
- Why did Jeff hate the healthcare system in Canada – plus a horror story.
- Jeff and I discuss my objections and concerns about libertarianism and anarchocapitalism
- What is “unschooling” and why do some people prefer it as a way of raising their kids
- How does Jeff educate his kids, and why?
- Would Jeff agree that we needed religion and government to get to where we are?
- What’s the only real ethical/moral rule that Jeff Berwick thinks we need to learn?
- What “homework” would Jeff like for you to do this week – and what are his views on homework?
- Where can you learn more about Jeff and his projects?
- What’s the #1 takeaway from this interview?